Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Chinese New Year - Day 2~~~

After breakfast, our journey back to Kelantan started. From KL back to Kelantan takes about 5-6 hours depends on the traffic.

All de way, the only thing I've done is... SLEEPING. Hahaha~~~!!! And after 6 hours of sleeping, we finally arrived at my grandmother's house in Kuala Krai, Kelantan.

When we arrived, most of my relatvies already back there. FYI, my grandmother has 9 children. 5 children stay in Kelantan while the other 4 children, including my mummy, have came down to KL when they are in their 20s. Every year, all ofr us will make a point to go back to celebrate cny with my grandmother.

My grandmother loves to cook and every year, she will prepare lots of delicious food each meal.

Dinner time is coming.... And 3 tables are set up for the reunion dinner...


3 tables...

My grandmother's house is big rite? She stay with his 1st son and his family. My grandmother's house used to be small and quite packed if everyone squeeze inside. 3 years ago, all of us decided to renovate the house to make it bigger and more spacious. And now... the house is super BIG and SPACIOUS~!!!


guys watching tv while waiting for dinner...

Yeah~! The food is ready... Let me introduce all the delicious food prepared by my grandmother...


a table of food...

1st... Steam prawns... Can you see how big are all the prawns??? *yumm yumm*


steam prawns...

2nd... Steam white chicken...


steam white chicken...

3rd... tomato sauce fried fish...


tomato sauce fish...

4th... fried cabbage...


cabbage...

5th... Home-made meat roll 'chun juan'


'chun juan'...

6th... Yam with pork 'kou rou'...


'kou rou'...

7th... Spicy & sour pork leg...



spicy & sour pork leg...

8th... Vietnamese style pork leg...


vietnamese style pork leg...

9th... my favourite... mussels...



mussels...

10th... mix vegetables...


mix vegetables...

11th... sea cucumber & mushrooms...


sea cucumber & mushrooms...

12th... pork stomach soup... *opps* no photos... Hehehe...

So... There are 12 dishes in total. All oso so fattening. No wonder my clothes become tighter everytime Im back here for cny. :-p

Haa...... I caught my cousins curi makan... But they denied, saying they are testing out the fish to make sure it is cooked. ALASAN~~~


'testing' the fish...

After curi makan, trying to act like nothing happened. Too bad... Eyes are watching you all... Hahaha~!!!


acting cute...

3 kakaks... There shud be more but... 1 run away, 2 sent back... The kakak in the middle is my kakak.


3 kakaks...

Dinner time...



get seated...


start eating...

After dinner, entertainment time...

All my cousins enjoy playing fireworks outside the house...


fireworks...

As for the adults, which include me, will definitely start gambling... Well, this year, according to some feng shui book, Im not suppose to gamble as I'll definitely lose. But... cny where can dun gamble??? My hands are too itchy to NOT gamble. Dun worry... My bet is the smallest among all... RM1 each game. Hahaha~~~

And guess wat~!!! The book is right! Im losing... RM1. Hhmm... Never mind. I'll try my luck again the nex day when they play again.


gambling...

As for all the others that dun gamble, they will sit around, enjoying all types of biscuits...


enjoying biscuits...

Finally, time for ang pau giving session... Since there are so many of us, we make all our aunts sat in a row, and we lined up to get the ang pau 1 by 1...


yeah~!!! angpau(s)...

This is me and my brother, sister...


sister, me & brother...

After a day of travelling, eating, playing... Time for bed...

There are too many of us and the rooms are not enough. So... We took mattress out and 'camp' in the living hall. Hehehe~~~ Can you count how many mattress are there??? :-p



camping in the living room...

Yeap~!!! There are 10 mattress there and 10 of us, including me, are gonna sleep in ther living room...


10 of us...

It is juz the 1st day in my grandmother's place... More interesting things will be happening in the coming few days while Im here...

No comments: