Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Restaurant Room Eighteen~~~

Baby's brother came back from Perth for holiday. So all of us together wif his mum and friends went to the new Restaurant Room Eighteen in Tropicana City Mall to have dinner.


restaurant room eighteen...

Restaurant Room Eighteen is another restaurant by the Tai Thong Groups, offering Chinese cuisine prepared by skilful Hong Kong and Guangzhou chefs.


open kitchen...

I find the environment here is quite good. Mayb bcoz is still newly open. We ordered 6 dishes and each have their own bowl of soup.


the menu...

There's not many dishes in the menu. Most of those listed are for ala carte. So there arent many choices for us.

When we ordered chinese tea, they dun serve in a pot here. They come in a glass with the types of tea we choose. Abit weird rite?


my glass of tea...

There are 8 of us and we were quite 'shocked' when all the dishes came out. The portion of all the food are so small. The fish, the veges... All oso small. I think if only me and baby, we can finish all the dishes ourselves.

1) 6 combinations




6 combinations...

2) Omelette...


omelette...

3) Fried fish...


fried fish...

4) Sour & Spicy Soup...

This suppose to be my favourite soup. But sad to say... This soup tasted quite terrible. Is not sour but sweet and is too spicy. Is like drinking diluted Thai Chili sauce.


sour & spicy soup...

5) Lotus root soup...

This soup tasted not too bad. But... I feel quite thirsty after dinner. I guess... ajinomoto which makes the soup so tasty.


lotus root soup...

6) Steam vegetable with oyster sauce...



steam vegetable...

The bill came out to be... erm... VERY EXPENSIVE for that few small portion of dishes.

Well, I have a bad impression with this restaurant now. Hopefully there are changes in the future to make me change my mind. If not, I dun think I'll try the food there anymore.

No comments: