Thursday, August 21, 2008

Day 1 in Malacca - part 1~~~

Saturday afternoon...

Im gonna attend a international conference in Malacca. Since Im heading down on Saturday, my baby decided to drive me there and accompany me for 2 days. My baby so nice... ^.^ We started our journey to Malacca after I finished mt work.

After 1 hour plus journey, here we are... at the City of Historical state -- Malacca


malacca...

About a month ago, on the 7th July 2008, Melaka and Georgetown were listed in the UNESCO World Heritage Cities List "Historic Cities in the Straits of Malacca"
. This is certainly an historic day for Melaka in particular and Malaysia in general.


banners around malacca...

We drive around the town before reaching the hotel.

When was the last time I visited malacca??? *thinking* Hmm... I think around 5-6 years ago. Not much difference except MORE cars~!!!


Tan Kim Hock product center...


traffic jam 1...


traffic jam 2...

There is a new tourist attraction - Melaka Sky Tower. Visitors can move upwards the tower by sitting in an air-conditioned capsule, where its cabin capable of traveling rotationally and vertically, allowing tourists to catch the birdeye view of Malacca city from a height of 110 meters. Malacca Sky Tower is set to change landscape of Bandar Hilir.


menara taming sari...

Few years back, the only shopping complex that I know - Mahkota Parade. But now, a new megamall is up situated right opposite Mahkota Parade - Dataran Pahlawan Melaka megamall. Before this megamall was build, the place was a field which has a long history back in 1957 - The Independence Day. At this place, the Proclamation of Independence was announce by Malaysia first Prime Minister Tunku Abdul Rahman.

Now the area are rebuild with Melaka Megamall modern shopping complex and the field is at the top of it. Open in 2006 with hundreds of retail outlets that includes modern shopping complex, latest fashion, local cuisine and also housing the heritage gallery, a mix of all locals handcraft & traditional item bazaar under one roof.



dataran pahlawan melaka megamall...

At the right side of the megamall there is a Carrefour for those who want to do grocery shopping. There is a Golden Screen Cinema too...


carrefour...

Finally, we reached the hotel - Mahkota Hotel Melaka (formerly known as Century Mahkota Hotel Melaka). Mahkota Hotel Melaka is adjacent to Mahkota Parade and is also within a short walking distance to the various historical places of interest and the commercial hub of Melaka.

After checking-in at the counter, I headed to my single-bedroom apartment unit. My room - Hibiscus - Wing 5 - Room 5017. My room is furnished with remote controlled TV, Individually controlled air-conditioning, mini fridge, personal safe, movie channels, etc...


main lobby...


my apartment...

Well, from my point if view, the only good thing about this hotel is the location. Situated next to the sea, next to Holiday Inn (where my conference gonna take place) and opposite the big shopping mall. The apartment is ok, decent and quite clean, but everything looks old. Outside the rooms, the corridors are dimly lit, quite dirty and not well-maintained.


my room 1...


my room 2...

The hotel has 2 large swimming pools and kids pool with waterslide, fitness centre and sauna, mini golf, tennis and squash courts, etc.


swimming pool 1...


swimming pool 2...

Guess wat~!!! After un-pack my stuffs, I notice this... Dr Ong Yin Hui, Mahkota Medical Center. Hahaha~!!!!! I become Doctor... :-p

dr ong yin hui???...

To be continue...

No comments: