Tuesday, February 03, 2009

Chinese New Year - Day 8~~~

Today is the big day for me. After years, finally I get to perform again on stage. Even thou is not a big event but is a good start again for me.

I started with ballet when i was 7 years old. But due to heavy school workload when comes to Form 3, I choosed to let go my ballet course and only concentrate on my piano course. Since then, my interest towards dance did not stop. In secondary school, I joined the dance society and started cheorograph dances for events and functions. I stopped dancing when I further my studies in Australia.

6 months ago, I started picking up a new dance course - belly dancing in Chopsticks Talent School together with my sister and cousin. Yeap~! The dance tat u need to shake your entire body alot. Well, for the 1st month, is abit hard for me to pick up as I've not dance for quite a well. But now... I can say Im quite flexible and can perform on stage oredi.

Today, my talent school organized an event for the orphanage and Im gonna perform with my dance mates.


my & my cousins...

My baby didnt manage to record the whole dance Im performing as my camera cant fit the whole stage. There are some photos taken but... Im too fat oredi. Better not spoil all your appetite yea. Hahaha~!!!

The whole event went smoothly. Everyone is happy and satisfied.


group photo...

It was a good start for me and Im sure there will be more to come. Hehehe~!!!


me & baby...

FYI, there is a tradition where on the 8th nite of cny, Hokkiens will pray to the 'sky god' (拜天公). On the 9th day of cny, it is the biggest day for the Hokkiens as it is the first day of cny to them.

The legend started years ago where there's a war in Hokkien village. That time, people hide in the sugarcane farm to get thenmselves safe from the war. The war ended and they came out safe and sound. So happen it was the 9th day of cny so they awarded this day as the biggest day for them.

Im so tired... Gonna go to bed soon. Oh ya! I suppose to work tonite but I took leave. Hahaha~!!!

No comments: