Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Chinese New Year - Day 15~~~

Oh... is oredi the 15th day of cny... marks the last day of cny celebrations...

The 15th day of the chinese new year is celebrated as Yuan Xiao Jie '元宵节' a.k.a. Chap Goh Mei, which in the Hokkien dialect means “the fifteenth night”. The night usually celebrated much like the eve of Chinese New Year, where relatives gather together for dinner.

On this day, it is also known as the Chinese Valentine. Traditionally, female singles will throw oranges with their name written on it into the water and hoping that male singles will pick those oranges up and start hooking up with them. In modern days now, some includes their phone numbers and email adresses on the oranges as well. There are few popular places in Malaysia where this event occur - Gurney Drive in Penang, Taman Jaya park in Petaling Jayam Taman Tasik Permaisuri in Cheras, etc...

This year, I managed to drag my baby to join the fun. Before that I've already prepare myself a mandarin orange wif my 'name' on it. Hahaha... Of coz... Not my real name and my number la... I oredi have my baby for wat I need to know other guys???


my orange...

When we arrived there, the traffic was terrible. All car parks are full. We have to park so far and walk to the park where thousands of people oredi gathered there preparing to take part in this event.

A stage was set up and many performances are organized, e.g. singing, dancing, competitions, etc. Hoever, me and baby didnt managed to get ourselves into the main happening area as there are too many people. We will definitely become like 'can sardine' if we squeeze ourselve inside.


main stage...

Time to throw our oranges...


baby's turn...


my turn...

Besides throwing oranges, there are stalls selling hand-made wishing boat where you can write ur wishes on a piece of paper, pin it up and let the boat float on the water to see how far your boat can go.


hand-made wishing boat...

Some can choose to release balloons with their wishes on it. The higher the balloons go, the more likely your wishes will come true... How true izzit??? I really wonder...


balloons...

There are stalls selling food and drinks as well... Quite good business oh~~~


food and drinks stalls...

We only stayed there for a while as my baby cannot tahan the crowd. Then, instead of heading back home, we went to Niu Che Shui (NZX) '牛车水' at Ara Damansara.


niu zhe shui...

Here, they are organizing an event - Disney Festive Fun-tasy. This event held from the 15th Nov 2008 - 15 Feb 2009 in conjunction with Christmas, New Year, Chinese New Year and Valentine's Day.


decorated with disney characters...


the banner...

We have to purchase a RM10 Voucher in order to get into the area where many disney statue are displayed. The admission is free with this RM10 voucher. This voucher we can use it to exchange souveniers or to exchange a special photos taken with the disney statue. Yea I know, is expensive but as long as i get to take photos, is fine la.


the voucher...

I was so excited and eager to take many photos with all the interesting statue, but... I was disappointed when I the guard told me that we are not allowed to get near the statues. *sob sob*

Now, le me show you all the disney statues in the Festive Fun-tasy~~~


mickey & minnie mouse...


donald duck...


main stage...


finding nemo & bruce the shark...


minnie...


daisy...


winnie the pooh & piglet...


mickey...


me, mickey & minnie...


lion king...


bambi...


mickey...


goofy...


donald...


buzz lightyear...


mickey again...


mickey fantasy...


lilo & stitch...


chip & dale...


tigger...


woody...


jack skellington...


pluto...


animal fantasy...


wall.e & gang...


marie...


pooh fantasy...

This is what me and my baby bought with the voucher. 1 cup = RM10. Is a nice cup I can say. Both side of each cup having different design/character.


side 1...


side 2...

After exchanged for the cup, we are entitled to play games at the games booth. Most of them are closed. No choice, we choosed the spin & win game to finish up the free coupons...


game booths...
Here I go......


any luck???

Guess wat~~!!!!!! I won a small colour pen thru my 1st spin.


my colous pens...

We found something interesting. In conjuction with this event, Big Apple actually made mickey mouse shape donuta with vanilla, strawberry and chocolate flavors.


vanilla & strawberry...


chocolate...

It was an enjoyable day today. It is the most interesting and meaningful Chap Goh Meh I've celebrated. And, is celebrated with my baby.

Im oredi looking forward for nex year's chinese new year...... Hahaha~~~!!!

No comments: