Sunday, September 14, 2008

Happy Mooncake Festival~~~

...H@pPy MooNC@kE FeSTiv@L tO EvEryOnE...

Chinese Mooncake Festival a.k.a. Mid-Autumn Festival a.k.a. Zhong Qiu Jie is celebrated on the 15th day of the eighth month of the Chinese Lunar Calendar, which is today, 14 September 2008. This is a time where people gather with families and friends and appreciate good food and the most beautiful moon.

On this day, if you look up into the sky, you can always see (if the sky is clear) a full and bright round moon. Unfortunately this year, the sky isnt that clear and is drizzling... *sob sob*

As alwiz, we will have dinner together with my uncle and family, cousins and this year, with my grandmother. After dinner, all will gather at my house to enjoy different kinds of mooncake and of coz, playing candles and lanterns.


mooncake...

Out of all kinds of mooncake, my favourite... *drumroll*... White Lotus Paste with Double Egg Yolk & White Lotus Paste with Four Egg Yolk... Haha~!!! I noe. I noe. HIGH cholesterol but... once a year... Nvr mind la... Hehe~!!!


mooncake wif egg yolk...

Every year, we will buy few packets of paper-made lanterns and boxes of candles to decorate the house...


lanterns & candles...

But... Due to the rain... We can only decorate and play outside at the coridor of my house...

playing at the corridor...


lanterns hanging ard the corridor...

Still remember when you are young, your teacher used to ask you to decorate lanterns as part of your homework??? SSSshhhhiiii.... *secret* My mum is the one that will do it for me. Hehe~!!!


laterns make by my 2 cousins brothers...


younger 1 playing candles... older 1 enjoying tv...

Wondering wat can we do with small candles??? Actually... Quite alot... Besides lighting up the whole house... You can form into different kind of shapes, for example... HEART shape~!!!!!! Why heart shape??? This... have to ask my lovely sister and brother... *ahem*


forming heart shape with candles...


1st heart with a letter 'M' inside...

double-layer heart...


brother making for his gf???...

I have a cousin sister that study design in KBU. She is so talented and creative that she can make de candles into solid HEART shape... Geng rite???


heart shape candles...

Eh eh...!!! Wat is my cousin brother doin there??? Didnt he know that camp fire uses woods and not candles to light up???

making camp fire???...

Now I pity my kakak... She has to korek out all the melted wax that are stuck to the floor 2mr...

Hhmmm... Mayb I shud ask kakak to collect and keep all the wax so we can reuse them nex year... Economy not good... Wat oso have to save la... Hahahaha~~~~!!!!!

No comments: